Welcome to MK Estates… We value all of our tenancies, without them we wouldn’t exist. We believe when you rent your home it is exactly that, your home and as such, we work with both yourself and the landlord to ensure you feel comfortable and relaxed so that you can enjoy your time. The main role of a letting agent is to manage properties for private landlords. Responsibilities range from sourcing tenants and collecting rent, to full responsibility and management. If the property you rent is managed completely by a letting agent, you may never officially meet your landlord (though you have the right to their name, contact details and address).
Should problems arise we will deal with them quickly and efficiently. We choose to work with like-minded landlords who provide quality properties and maintain them.
Please take a look at our available properties and let us know if you would like to view. It would be great to meet you and hopefully let you your new home.
The application process
In order for you to let a property through MK estates you will need to satisfy the referencing procedure.
What we will need from you:
- 2 forms of Identification – this should be a passport or driving licence and proof of address, such as a utility bill dated within the last three months. One form of ID at least must have a photo, and all ID supplied must be in date.
- Pass a credit check, providing three years’ worth of addresses.
- Employment reference – we will require details of your employer, an address and contact details. They will need to confirm your salary and permanent employment.
- Proof of income if self-sufficient, retired or self-employed – including last three months’ bank statements, accountant reference or last two years P60 submissions.
- Previous Landlord Reference/ current landlord details/current letting agent – landlord name, address and contact number (if currently renting).
- If you need a guarantor they will also need to provide all of the above.
- We will need to see proof of residency or right to work within the UK.
- You will need to pay a holding deposit, which must be in cleared funds.
In order to carry out the referencing process and remove the property from marketing for you, a fee is payable as per below:
Other associated costs with letting through MK estates are:
Referencing / administration / holding deposit
This fee covers all associated move in costs, including tenancy agreements, deposit paperwork, key issue, reservation of the property and copies of initial tenancy paperwork and all associated costs. In the event that you fail the referencing as you have not disclosed accurate information to us you will not receive the monies back.
£300 + VAT
£400 + VAT
£200 + VAT per person
All students must supply a guarantor, please check requirements before application
£60 + VAT per person
Referencing of one guarantor, please check eligibility before application
All renewals are subject to approval from the landlord, satisfactory inspections and on time rental payments.
6 month extension
£30 + VAT per person
12 month extension
£30 + VAT per person
Periodic (month to month)
£30 + VAT per person
Lock out fees
£20 per time
Standard Yale and Chub keys
£5 per key
Additional sets beyond those supplied at move in
To be confirmed
Fobs, parking permits, security key replacements
Subject to an independent charge of the block management company
Additional copies of tenancy paperwork
To be agreed at the time
Check out report carried out by a third party clerk
£70 + VAT
Student properties and houses/flats with 4 or more residents
£25 + VAT per person
Free of Charge, Please supply our contact details for your new landlord or letting agent for them to contact us. All information given to them is passed confidentially. We do not usually provide paper references for use at a later date to a source unknown by us.
Letters to confirm address and occupancy
£5 per copy
Early release fee (subject to landlord agreement)
For more information on renting a home with MK Estates across the Bournemouth areas, please contact us or visit: