Welcome to MK Estates… We value all of our tenancies, without them we wouldn’t exist. We believe when you rent your home it is exactly that, your home and as such, we work with both yourself and the landlord to ensure you feel comfortable and relaxed so that you can enjoy your time. The main role of a letting agent is to manage properties for private landlords. Responsibilities range from sourcing tenants and collecting rent, to full responsibility and management. If the property you rent is managed completely by a letting agent, you may never officially meet your landlord (though you have the right to their name, contact details and address).
Should problems arise we will deal with them quickly and efficiently. We choose to work with like-minded landlords who provide quality properties and maintain them.
Please take a look at our available properties and let us know if you would like to view. It would be great to meet you and hopefully let you your new home.
The application process
In order for you to let a property through MK estates you will need to satisfy the referencing procedure.
What we will need from you:
- 2 forms of Identification – this should be a passport or driving licence and proof of address, such as a utility bill dated within the last three months. One form of ID at least must have a photo, and all ID supplied must be in date.
- Pass a credit check, providing three years’ worth of addresses.
- Employment reference – we will require details of your employer, an address and contact details. They will need to confirm your salary and permanent employment.
- Proof of income if self-sufficient, retired or self-employed – including last three months’ bank statements, accountant reference or last two years P60 submissions.
- Previous Landlord Reference/ current landlord details/current letting agent – landlord name, address and contact number (if currently renting).
- If you need a guarantor they will also need to provide all of the above.
- We will need to see proof of residency or right to work within the UK.
- You will need to pay a holding deposit, which must be in cleared funds.
In order to carry out the referencing process and remove the property from marketing for you, a fee is payable as per below:
INFORMATION FOR TENANTS
Fees to Tenants from 1st June 2019:
- Holding Deposit – Equivalent of one weeks rent is payable to secure a property this will be refunded against the first months rent, unless the tenant fails referencing due to misleading information or aborts the let in which case this will be retained.
- Security Deposit – Maximum amount of the equivalent of 5 weeks rent.
- Once satisfactory references are obtained, you will receive an invoice detailing all outstanding money due to MK Estates prior to moving in.
- Please note we only accept payment via Bank Transfer.
Client Money Protection
Client Money Protection for MK Estates Iford is provided by Propertymark. The scheme accounting rules, as well as our conduct and membership rules, can be found in the Propertymark Conduct and Membership Rules.
Terms and Conditions:
Deposit – Your deposit will be protected by the Deposit Protection Service (www. depositprotection.com). You willbe advised of your reference number and confirmation of registration within 14 days of the tenancy start date.
Inventory – Upon moving in to the property you will be given an Inventory Report. We would advise that you look through this document thoroughly, make any necessary changes and submit to us within 7 days. If you don’t return
the inventory with any amendments within the 7 days specified, it will be taken that you agree to the full content of the Inventory.
Utilities – You are responsible for the full payment of all utilities associated with the property unless otherwise stated.
Insurance – You are advised to insure all your own possessions with contents insurance, prior to commencement of the tenancy. – Any tenants wishing to ignore this advice, do so at their own risk.
Charges during your Tenancy:
All renewals are subject to approval from the landlord, satisfactory inspections and on time rental payments.
6 month extension
£30 + VAT per person
12 month extension
£30 + VAT per person
Periodic (month to month)
£30 + VAT per person
Lock out fees
£20 per time
Standard Yale and Chub keys
£5 per key
Additional sets beyond those supplied at move in
To be confirmed
Fobs, parking permits, security key replacements
Subject to an independent charge of the block management company
Additional copies of tenancy paperwork
To be agreed at the time
Free of Charge, Please supply our contact details for your new landlord or letting agent for them to contact us. All information given to them is passed confidentially. We do not usually provide paper references for use at a later date to a source unknown by us.
Letters to confirm address and occupancy
£5 per copy
Early release (subject to landlord agreement)
Rent arrears charges – These are set at 3% above the Bank of England base rate and are payable after the tenants fall into 14 days of arrears
Early termination – is only acceptable on the agreement that the landlord has agreed to release the tenants of their contract. If you are terminating early a termination fee will be charged for the costs incurred.